- New - A guide to making a Pistol/Gunslinger Build
- New - A guide to making a Melee Build
- New - Scav Magazine - All locations and details
- For New Players - Read the walkthrough.
- New - Open Season
- New - Power Play Quest
- New - Raider Outposts
- New - Nuka World Endings Guide - Options and Benefits
- The Grand Tour
- Faction Perks and New SPECIAL Ranks in Nuka World
- Gage (Companion)
Fallout 4 Blitz Berk
Perk Strategies & How Best to Use Them
The Blitz Perk is amazing for Melee Fallout 4 characters who make heavy use of VATS in order to utilize crits and use the slowed time to their advantage in queuing up automated attacks. Here's a look at the two ranks of this high-agility Perk, see examples on the range increase, and how you can best use it to your advantage.
|Blitz Perk (Click for Guide)|
|Rank||Requires||Perk Description||Perk ID|
|1||Agility 9||Find the gap and make the tackle! V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly.||1d2451|
|2||Level 29||V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased even more, and the farther the Blitz distance, the greater the damage.||1d2452|
Blitz Build Ideas & How it Helps
So the first Rank itself is quite useful to Melee players, because they will be able to target more enemies at once in V.A.T.S. and jump between them without actually moving from target to target manually. Your character is just 'there'. That's the only drawback of this Perk - I didn't see my character fly through the air and strike, he just... teleported. Regardless, Rank 1 doing that alone is very useful in large fights so that you can chain up attacks and may make Fallout 4's survival difficulty a bit more doable for Melee players, especially those who sneak, because of the first hit getting the sneak attack bonus. It's strategically appealing, just not jaw-dropping.
Rank 2 is where this Perk begins to shine. Not many Perks deserve to be called 'amazing', but Blitz certainly does at Rank 2, where it gives a damage boost based on the range from your target. I did some tests measuring the pixels for one strike in VATS at nearly max range and close-up, and took sneak attack off so that it wouldn't mess with my results. Close-up, where Blitz wouldn't be a factor, it measured 11 pixels. Far away, near Blitz's max range in VATS, it was 25 pixels. I'm theorizing this Perk on Rank 2 can do +150% of normal damage, double damage at a mid-range Blitz, scaling based on the distance. If you were going to hit for 100, and Blitz was at maximum range, you could instead hit for 250.
With Sneak, this gets really wicked. Even players who are not highly skilled in sneaking, just having taken a couple of points and the 9 agility required for Blitz can get within range to pull off a Blitz sneak attack that multiplies the blitz damage by 2 - so 500 damage.
I don't know the HP of the Behemoth in the Screenshot above, but I can tell you that with an unmodified Super Sledge, Blitz, and Ninja at max, I was able to take him from 50% to 0 in one strike due to this multiplication of damage, and this is a high level Behemoth. With a Crit, it would've been even better - most likely 100% to 0 in one strike! It's worth saying that my test character has nothing special, no melee damage perk boosts, so the base damage of his weapon could have been higher through A. modifying it at the weapons workshop with Blacksmith, then B. having that amount multiplied by the Big Leagues Perk.
I suppose I've rambled enough about Blitz and how great it is, I imagine many players will want to incorporate it into Melee builds. Try to target enemies after your first who are most distant, because they too should get the Blitz damage boost, making your AP expenditures go much further.
More Fallout 4 Guides
Share Tips and Strategies Below
- Raider Outposts in Nuka World
- Nuka World - Play as a Raider in this DLC
- Far Harbor - Learn about the DLC, its secrets, and read walkthroughs
- Automatron - Guides to building bots and quest walkthroughs
- Settlements - An in-depth guide to Settlements and managing them
- Melee Build - the best perks for a melee character
- Sneaking - Learn to be stealthy
- Critical Hits - Shots to Crit and Crit damage mechanics
- Tips for Making a Build - General advice for creating your own build
- Action Points - AP and all the things that affect it
- VATS - all about the V.A.T.S. and AP usage on weapons
- Gameplay Tips - pointers that will help new players
- Making a Sniper Rifle Weapon mod examples. Heavy hitter and fast-firing Comparison - two guns from the same base.